The first post-COVID-19 outbreak SDG Investment Forum, hosted by the UN Global Compact and Global Compact Networks in Europe, will bring together nearly 150 participants from both the public and private sectors alongside representatives from the UN, civil society and academia to discuss how the private sector can play a greater role in directing capital towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS AND MODERATORS
- Alberto De Paoli, CFO, ENEL
- Carole Ferrand, CFO, Capgemini
- Géraldine Picaud, CFO, Holcim
- Jill Klindt, CFO, Workiva
- Jürgen Esser, CFO, Danone
- Maher Al-Haffar, CFO, Cemex
- Maria Carrasco, CFO, FCC Construccion
- Pedro Christ, CFO, Beontag
- Dena Assaf, UN Resident Coordinator, UAE
- Emmanuel Buttin, Policy Officer, Sustainable Finance at the European Commission, DG Fisma
- Fawaz Sabri, SDGs Financing Expert, UNDP Country Office Afghanistan
- Karin Svensson, Senior advisor Sida's project lead Global Investors for Sustainable Development, and Coordinator of the Financing for Development and Institutional building committee, Sida
- Kjell Rakkenes, Executive Vice President Sustainability, Society, and Communications, Nortura
- Lisa Remke, Deputy Coordinator, Sustainable Stock Exchange initiative
- Miguel Viana, Sustainability and Investor Relations Director, EDP Group
- Mitch Reznick, CFA, Head of Sustainable Fixed Income, Federated Hermes
- Rahul Ghosh, Managing Director ESG Outreach and Research, Moody's Investors Service
- Silvia Pavoni, Founding Editor, Sustainable Views at Financial Times
- Susan Gray, Global Head of Sustainable Finance Business and Innovation, S&P Global
- Xavier Michon, Deputy Executive Secretary, UNCDF
- 9:00 – 9:30
Registration of all attendees and welcome breakfast
Announcements and introduction to the agenda
- 9:30 – 9:45
- 9:45 – 10:00
Presentation: Signatories of the CFO Principles on Integrated Investments and Finance
- 10:00 – 10:45
The CFOs centrality: boosting an efficient transition
This panel will discuss the leadership and role of CFOs who are internalizingthe SDGs in their daily business as a roadmap to transform and explore theimplications of this shift on their financial strategies.
- 10:45 – 11:00
Presentation: SDG-aligned Investments from Coalition Construction, Materials, and Real Estate macro-sector
- 11:00 – 11:30
- 11:30 – 11:45
Presentation: SDG-aligned Investments from Coalition Consulting and Telecom, Media, and Technology macro-sector
- 11:45 – 12:30
Metrics and Targets: quantitative measures for ambitious change
Understanding the relevant indicators to measure the impact on the SDGs for each industry and region is a challenge undertaken by the private and the public sector. This session will explore the role of CFOs, CIOs, and the UN in canalizing efforts towards an efficient evaluation of impact.
- 12:30 – 12:45
Presentation: SDG-aligned Investments from Coalition Energy and Utilities macro-sector
- 14:00 – 14:15
Presentation: SDG-aligned Investments from Coalition Industrial Goods macro-sector
- 14:15 – 14:30
Presentation: Sustainable Stock Exchange
The role of the Sustainable Stock Exchange initiative in promoting alignment ofsustainability practices among issuers
- 14:30 – 15:30
The role of regulators: the EU Taxonomy on Sustainable Activities
In this panel, we will explore the role of the EU Taxonomy on Sustainable Activities in putting sustainability at the forefront of regulation in the European Union.
- 15:30 – 15:45
Presentation: SDG-aligned Investments from Coalition Consumer Products macro-sector
- 15:45 – 16:15
- 16:15 – 16:30
The role of UN agencies, and specifically UNCDF, in enabling the right environmentfor corporate investments in Emerging Markets.
- 16:30 – 16:45
Presentation: Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)
The development actor’s role in aligning capital with the SDGs.
- 16:45 – 17:00
UN Global Compact Network Executive Directors will summarize the event and highlight avenues for future participation.
About the SDG Investment Forum
The SDG Investment Forum series is designed to connect investors seeking to align with the Sustainable Development Goals to responsible businesses and investment opportunities around the world. The CFO Coalition for the SDGs hosted three investment forums prior to the COVID-19 outbreak in March 2020 in partnership with local stock exchanges and PRI in Brazil, South Africa and Italy.