The first post-COVID-19 outbreak SDG Investment Forum, hosted by the UN Global Compact and Global Compact Networks in Europe, will bring together nearly 150 participants from both the public and private sectors alongside representatives from the UN, civil society and academia to discuss how the private sector can play a greater role in directing capital towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
9:00 – 9:30
Registration of all attendees and welcome breakfast
- Master of Ceremony: Announcements and introduction to the agenda
9:30 – 9:45
9:45 – 10:30
- The CFOs centrality: boosting an efficient transition
This panel will discuss the leadership and role of CFOs who are internalizing the SDGs in their daily business as a roadmap to transform and explore the implications of this shift on their financial strategies.
10:30 – 10:40
- Presentation: SDG-aligned Investments from Coalition Construction, Materials, and Real Estate macro-sector
10:40 – 11:10
11:10 – 11:55
- Metrics and Targets: quantitative measures for ambitious change
Understanding the relevant indicators to measure the impact on the SDGs for each industry and region is a challenge undertaken by the private and the public sector. This session will explore the role of CFOs, CIOs, and the UN in canalizing efforts towards an efficient evaluation of impact.
11:55 – 12:05
- Presentation: SDG-aligned Investments from Coalition Consulting and Telecom, Media, and Technology macro-sector
12:05 – 12:50
- The role of intermediaries: bridging between Investors and Issuers
Enabling transactions among Issuers and Investors is a critical aspect to ensure the scaling of the sustainable finance market. In this panel, we will hear representatives from Banks, External Assurers, and CRAs on their role in fostering the sustainable transition and ensuring credibility.
12:50 – 13:00
- Presentation: Sustainable Stock Exchange
The role of the Sustainable Stock Exchange initiative in promoting alignment of sustainability practices among issuers
13:00 – 14:00
14:00 – 14:10
- Presentation: SDG-aligned Investments from Coalition Consumer Products macro-sector
14:10 – 15:10
- The role of regulators: the EU Taxonomy on Sustainable Activities
In this panel, we will explore the role of the EU Taxonomy on Sustainable Activities in putting sustainability at the forefront of regulation in the European Union.
15:10 – 15:20
- Presentation: SDG-aligned Investments from Coalition Energy and Utilities macro-sector
15:20 – 15:50
15:50 – 16:00
- Presentation: SDG-aligned Investments from Coalition Industrial Goods macro-sector
16:00 – 16:10
- Presentation: UNCDF
The role of UN agencies, and specifically UNCDF, in enabling the right environment for corporate investments in Emerging Markets.
16:10 – 16:20
- Presentation: Karin Svensson, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) (TBC)
The investors’ view, with a specific focus on Emerging Markets.
16:20 – 16:30
- Presentation: IFC
How the International Finance Corporation can help foster SDG-aligned investments in Emerging Markets by reducing the risk for corporates.
16:30 – 16:45
About the SDG Investment Forum
The SDG Investment Forum series is designed to connect investors seeking to align with the Sustainable Development Goals to responsible businesses and investment opportunities around the world. The CFO Coalition for the SDGs hosted three investment forums prior to the COVID-19 outbreak in March 2020 in partnership with local stock exchanges and PRI in Brazil, South Africa and Italy.